Live Like Champions!
STATE Track Results -- Luke K. finished 5th in High Jump and 7th in Long Jump. Way to go, Luke!
Selections for Utopia High School Personalities --
- Mr. & Miss UHS - Trey J. and Savannah M.
- Most Athletic - Luke K. and Brittany K.
- Most Likely to Succeed - John G. and Jessie A.
- Best Dressed - Destin M. and Chantel S.
- Most Handsome/Beautiful - Kreed C. and Christina F.
- Most Likely to Become Famous - Mason D. and Jordan M.
- Best Smile - Tyler C. and Sarah R.
- Most Friendly - Tyler O. and Jeneva N.
- Best Hair - Kevin W. and Kevianna W.
- Most Talkative - Chance S. and Chloe K.
- Campus Comedians - Dakota J. and Cecelia S.
- Biggest Flirts - Kegan A. and Kate C.
- Most Likely to Fall Asleep in Class - Ramiro R. and Sarah J.
- Dazed and Confused - Sharif H. and Brandy M.
7th-12th grade students assembled for a history presentation. Guest speaker was Virginia Davis, archivist at El Progreso Memorial Library in Uvalde. She spoke to the students about Jerome Napolean Bonaparte II who graduated from West Point, came to Texas to help round up Native Americans, and was also the grand nephew of the famous Napolean.
Regional Track Results --
Congratulations Utopia on an excellent showing at Regionals. Good luck Luke representing Utopia at State!!
- Lane R. finished 13th in the 3200
- Kevin W. finished 10th in the 400
- Sarah R. finished 11th in Discus
- Luke K. finished 4th in Triple Jump and is a STATE qualifier by finishing 1st in Long Jump and 2nd in High Jump
Congratulations to the SWTJC Creative Arts Contest winners! --
- 7th-8th Grade Division:
- Bethany K., 4th in Painting, 2nd in Photography
- 9th-10th Grade Division:
- Remi E., 1st in Essay
- Chloe K., 4th in Short Story
- Lane R., 1st in Short Story
- 11th-12th Grade Division:
- Elizabeth E., 1st in Essay, 4th in Short Story
- Kate C., 3rd in Short Story
- Jeneva N., 1st in Short Story, 4th in Essay, and Over-all Literary Winner
- Katie W., 2nd in Essay
EMS First Responder Training will be offered at the Utopia EMS building May 21 - July 2, 2013. Classes will be held Tuesday and Thursday nights 6-10 p.m. and one Saturday class 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. on June 29. Cost of the training is $100. Call 966-2435 to sign up.
Results from Regional Academic Meet -- Savannah M. - 1st place in Poetry, Jeneva N. - 6th place in Editorial Writing, Charles D. - 6th place in Literary Criticism. Good luck to Savannah M. at the STATE Academic Meet!
Results from Junior High District Tennis --
- Bethany K. and Mikaela L., 1st place in B Division Girls Doubles
- Micaela S., 2nd place in B Division Girls Singles
- Cassie R. and Jayda M., Consolation in B Division Girls Doubles
- Kelsea K. and Kaleigh K., 1st place in A Division Girls Doubles
- Haleigh B. and Maycee W., 2nd place in A Division Girls Doubles
- Abel G. and Meghan R., 3rd place in Mixed Doubles
- Zac B. and K'Lynn B., Consolation in Mixed Doubles
- Slade B. and Nate M., 3rd place in A Division Boys Doubles
- Congratulations to all the Junior High Girls who earned the team plaque as DISTRICT CHAMPS!
Regional Golf Results -- Congratulations to the Girls Golf Team (Savannah M, Krista M, Chase J, Brandy M, Maddy C, and Alexis W) for placing 6th at Regionals. Good luck to Savannah M, who was a 2nd place medalist at Regionals and is advancing to STATE for the fourth consecutive year!
Results from Junior High Tennis in Del Rio -- Kelsea K and Kaleigh K, 1st Place in Girls Doubles; Maycee W and Haleigh B, 2nd Place in Girls Doubles.
Results from High School District/Area Track --
- Sarah R, 3rd Place in Area Discus, 4th Place in District Long Jump, 4th Place in District Triple Jump, 3rd Place in District 200 M Dash
- Luke K, 1st Place in Area Long Jump, 2nd Place in Area High Jump, 2nd Place in Area Triple Jump, 2nd Place in District 200 M Dash
- Lane R, 3rd Place in Area 2 Mile, 4th Place in Area 1 Mile
- Kevin W, 4th Place in Area 400 M Dash, 4th Place in District 200 M Dash, 4th Place in District Long Jump
- John G, 5th Place in Area 400 M Dash
- Chantel S, 4th Place in District 200 M Dash
- Congratulations to the REGIONAL QUALIFIERS! -- Sarah R, Luke K, Lane R, and Kevin W
Results from Middle School District Track in Comstock --
- Kaleigh K, Haleigh B, Kelsea K, and Meghan R, 1st Place in the 400 and 800 Relays
- Megan R, 1st Place in both the 100 M Dash and Long Jump
- Kaleigh K, 3rd Place in 200 M Dash
- Kelsea K, 1st Place in Triple Jump
- Haleigh B, 3rd Place in Triple Jump and 6th Place in High Jump
- Haleigh B, K'Lynn B, Kelsea K, and Bethany K, 3rd Place in Mile Relay
- K'Lynn B, 3rd Place in 300 Hurdles and 4th in 100 Hurdles
- Bethany K, 2nd Place in Triple Jump, 3rd Place in Mile and a Half, and 5thPlace in Long Jump
- Maycee W, 4th Place in Shot Put and 5th Place in Discus
- Cassie R, 6th Place in Discus,
- Mikaela L, 3rd Place in Shot Put
- Uriel Z, 2nd Place in Mile, 3rd Place in Mile and a Half
- Uriel Z, Jared N, Zac B, and Weston R, 3rd Place in Mile Relay
- Nate M, 2nd Place in Pole Vault
- Abel G, 3rd Place in 100 M Dash, 3rd Place in 800 M Dash, 3rd Place in 300 Hurdles, and 4th Place in High Jump
- Congratulations to the 7th and 8th grade girls for their 2nd Place finish overall, trailing Comstock by only 2 1/2 points!
One Act Play Individual Awards -- All Star Cast - Cecelia S. and Savannah M., Honorable Mention - Brittany K., and Light Tech Award - Andrea R. The points earned from OAP brought our Academic UIL Team up to 3rd Place!
If there is something you would like to see on the website, contact our technology department.